How To Make Navajo Fry Bread: In order How To Make Navajo Fry Bread, firstly you need to know what type of bread it is. It is a famous bread mostly made in the India and the west with fillings of vegetables and sometimes meat to it.
How To Make Navajo Fry Bread
The ingredient of this bread is
4 Cups flour
One Tablespoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 cup warm water
1-2 cup of cooking oil
2 Onions chopped
Half pound cheddar cheese
2 cups lettuce
2 sliced tomatoes
2-4 fresh chilies
Sour cream (optional)
1 pound meat (optional)
• Firstly, take a bowl and in it put the flour, salt and baking powder and mix it. Add some water to it and gradually stir it until it becomes thick or a bit sticky
• After that, knead the dough by hand until it becomes soft. Now, you should make the round balls from it. It is preferable that you make a 2 inch balls. Then, cover it and let it be like this for 30 minutes
• Heat the oil in a frying pan. The size of pan should be the size where you can make a small pizza.
• Now, you should press the balls in the shape of pizza and gently put these in the hot oil.
• Fry it until the edges of the bread are not turned golden and then turn it and cook the other side
• Then you should take all the vegetables and if you want you can use meat here too. Cook all these things a bit and then pour it on the bread making a layer to make an Indian taco or Navajo. You also pour cheese on top of it
• Cook the bread for 5 minutes along with these things. You can even bake it at 350° if you want to.
HEALTH EFFECTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
In addition to these, I will tell you some of the health effects of this dish and the recommendations from my side to every kind of person who loves to eat.
This is a highly oily and heavy recipe for some people and if you are dieting then, there is nowhere near this dish is for you people.
It has some health benefits to it too. The toppings or the add-ons of this recipe including vegetables and meat are high in proteins and fiber which can massively help your body to grow and your bones to get stronger. This all seems a farfetched thing but, it is a proven fact which has been seen in the people who have eaten it.
It is recommended that this dish is only eaten at those times when you are feeling hungry but not that much. Because this taco is not the thing which can fill your stomach to the full.
I will give 3.5 stars to this Dish due to being a good starter dish with good vegetables being the topping of it but, being high on oil and cheese which is not that good for a body.